Not everyone would uproot their life to go work at the Playboy club on the Chinese island of Macau, but that’s just what Darlene Garcia did. Recently, she spent several months working as a Playboy bunny and DJ (her DJ name is DJ Astrea) for the Bunny Club there. A fearless world traveler, Darlene is not only a beautiful girl and an awesome model; it’s also fun just to talk to her about her adventures.
I first shot Darlene for IGN Babeology a few years back and I loved working with her. She knows the angles, understands sexy and cute and is quite gorgeous. She’s great in front of the camera, but has designs on photo shoot production, which might earn her the title “hottest photo assistant in human history.” We’ll have to put her to work.
Here’s a little more about Darlene in her own words:
- Name: Darlene Garcia
- Instagram: darlenelikeachola
- Twitter: @bunnyastrea
- Birthday: July 3
- Hometown: San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Ethnicity: Mexican American
- Hobbies/Interests: Hiking on the weekends, spending time with my family, yoga, spending time at the beach, Instagram addict
- Career Aspirations: Working behind the scenes at photo shoots, working in holistic medicine, studying the effects of medical cannabis
- Tell Us a Secret: I’m a tomboy/guy’s girl. When I’m not modeling, I like basketball. GO LAKERS!
- Favorite Foods: Sushi!
- Favorite TV Shows: Anything Kardashians, every show on Travel Channel (I’m in love with Anthony Bourdain)
- Favorite Books: The Four Agreements, Eating For Beauty, The Mastery of Love
- Favorite Bands/Music: Old school Janet Jackson, Pharcyde, A Tribe Called Quest
- Favorite Video Game: Duck Hunt
- Favorite Tech Gadget: iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro
- Favorite Travel Destination: Thailand; Boracay, Phillipines; Turks and Caicos Islands
- Girl Crushes: Jessica Burciaga, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez, Justene Jaro